About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy
JOY's POEMS

JOY'S POEMS ... "You G*d are the Compassion, the Strength, the Beauty, the Victory, the Splendor, and the Foundation of everything in Heaven and on Earth." (1 Chronicles 1:29) ... I see Your Face in All Nature that I photograph. ... ... http://joys-poems.blogspot.com/ . . . Click "Older Posts" on lower right of each post page for MORE earlier posted stories and art.

FLIGHT OF THE SEPHIROT




FLIGHT OF THE SEPHIROT

- Joy Krauthammer


I never look to write a poem; they just come...
like butterflies of my mind

You ask if for Shabbat I could "do a poem?"
on the holy Omer Counting "Sephirot of the day"
Tiferet sh b'Yesod

...so I guess not, of course not

or maybe
in my mind
I took flight and
I just did create one.)

Imagine if I go outside
to look for a flower of Creation
the Yesod of the Divine One
it just beckons to me
smiles at me
and I see G*d


the nasturtium
growing at the edge of the earth, low
do I pick one? bright wine toned
and eat one in my organic salad?
as we do at Esalen
high above the cliffs

the edge of Big Sur
place of majesty
where Tiferet reigns.

In exaltation and surprise
in my garden today
I see white Wood Irises
with purple petal interiors
dozens blossomed overnight
tall, appearing
as shadow puppets, a host of
winged butterflies in flight.

One spring
butterflies passed through my garden
a channel for their journey of life
millions for fourteen days
alighting upon my citrus trees
in connection, bonding with me.

Continuing their mission
over my roof, finally
left me on Erev Shabbat

Swarms of pretty Painted Ladies
embracing me
Gracing me
when I needed G*d
They gave me delight
I was in ecstasy, in awe
I couldn't ask for more
all I could do was
stand in centered stillness,
as golden delights brushed past my cheeks
my beating heart
bonded in belief
my desire granted
by the Compassionate One.

Silently, I had wished, yearned
my heart dreaming
to see the migrating butterflies
thousands of miles away

they came to me
a miracle revealed

Caregiving, I could not leave
my paralyzed husband
of blessed memory.

Tiferet sh b'Yesod
is his birthday.

Balance of beauty, Truth
we are gifted by the Creator of Life.
Harmony to begin this 38th day
lead the way
in Tiferet and Yesod
Compassion as our Foundation
join all other Sephirot
within the Etz Chayim, the Tree of Life.
~ ~ ~

Note: The counting of the Omer takes place between Passover and Shavuot, and each day is associated with a specific Kabbalistic combination pair of Sephirot.  For a greater explanation and understanding of this theme, see Rabbi Simon Jacobson's "A Spiritual Guide to the Counting of the Omer," which may be found on http://www.chabad.org/ or http://www.meaningfullife.com/
.
"Flight of the Sephirot" is a psalm of my soul about G*d totally hearing me and my desire during my time of service as caregiver for G*d. I took care of ONE of G*d's children, z'l.

G*d listened to me and heard my yearning to be with the butterflies and BROUGHT THEM TO ME.

I had no idea that this could happen. Giving me the butterflies in my garden is a pure one time gift of MIRACLE from the Compassionate One.

The Painted Ladies could have had the world as their passage way, their Kriat Yahm Suf, as they left from one home on their survival journey, and they travelled through my opening. I stood outside and welcomed each of them greeting me.

(It was not easy to give up my public life of sharing, to be Caregiver Angel Warrior. I came to the realization that serving ONE was just as important as being present for greater community.)

Talmud says, "And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world."
- Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 4:8 (37a)

Many times, as a vessel for Hashem, I saved the life of Marcel, z'l, my husband, during his 18 years of metastatic brain cancer. (My intention was to get Marcel to Aviva's wedding, and I did. Marcel went on life-support only three weeks later, following our daughter's honeymoon.)

- Joy Krauthammer
               ~


No comments: