About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy
JOY's POEMS

JOY'S POEMS ... "You G*d are the Compassion, the Strength, the Beauty, the Victory, the Splendor, and the Foundation of everything in Heaven and on Earth." (1 Chronicles 1:29) ... I see Your Face in All Nature that I photograph. ... ... http://joys-poems.blogspot.com/ . . . Click "Older Posts" on lower right of each post page for MORE earlier posted stories and art.

GARDEN of the HEART


GARDEN OF THE HEART

- Joy Krauthammer

As if in a labyrinth, every few feet
Heart of the Garden
© Joy Krauthammer

stopping my steps to focus, observe 
I walked around 
the small circular outdoor 
courtyard encircled by plants.

Low I bent down 
to inhale the enticing white azalea 
hoping in my heart it would be 
a gardenia in the garden
fill me with intoxicating fragrance.

Toward the end of my walk
in the slightly drizzly, grey afternoon
I came to the old wood double cushioned couch 
and spotted
cute little tender green clovers growing 
smack in the middle
between the cushions.

Can my 'seed dreams'
bloom as the clovers 
flourish in foreign land
an intersection
where bodies rest and 
landscapes of minds 
are redesigned?


Hmm, are the clovers really in the middle
or are they in a 'corner' at the intersection
of four cushions creating a couch?
No couch potatoes here, just couch clovers.

Couch Corners Clover
© Joy Krauthammer

 Ode to my "corners" and "attention"
Poetry Therapy Day teachers,
and
dedicated to 
Leslie Goldman, The Enchanted Gardener,
and 
Blooming Humans

  ~ ~ ~


During a poetry writing workshop day, in joy and awe, I photographed the seeded clover growing in the cushions of an old wooden garden couch. Digitally, I altered my photo-- the cushions as the 4 chambers of the HEART of the Garden, growing in the most unusual location, where there is possibility and a new reality with vision. The clover awakens us to our heart's flow in the nurturing creative space. “Garden of the Heart” is inspired by a rainy city day, and “Blooming Humans" Day 1.

Love and BlesSings for creativity and blooming heart,
Joy Krauthammer

PS
BlesSing for SPIRITED WOMAN Share Fest party day, 12/12/11.
May we all be blessed, in even the tiniest strangest corner of the universe, to find the place where we can be nourished and grow and be all that we can be. Couch clover I discovered and photographed in an LA building courtyard. © 2010

"Our 42 Day Blooming Humans series is here to assist in re-designing our inner landscape by shifting our focus into our Hearts and awakening to our role in Birthing New Reality.   By providing a common vision and focus, we are calibrating and unifying our Hearts, while maintaining a vibrant, creative space for integrating the power-filled energies arriving Now.  WoW!"
~ ~ ~

The Deronda Review back cover poem & photo
reprinted from "The Deronda Review", a journal of poetry and thought
Vol. IV No. 2 - Winter-Spring 2012
http://www.pointandcircumference.com/

.

3 comments:

Faye said...

Congratulations, Joy, for "making it, big time!" Splendid!
I love your photo next to your poem as well as the poem.

Faye

Marcia Cohn Spiegel said...

Dear Joy,

So great to see your poem. It is nice to see you getting out there in the world of poetry. Way to go!!
I look forward to many more announcements such as this.

Much love, Marty

Jean Katz said...

Joy, thanks for sharing this lovely poem with me.

Love, Jean